Game-Labs Forum

Campaign Start

Thonar

Heyho,

I would just like to know the opinion of people here about the Campaign-Start.
Playing the same mission on Union or Conferderate Side over and over again (and they are actually rather time-consuming) really bothers me.
Is it planned to make them "Tutorial"-Missions being able to disable them?

What do you think about them? Do you like them or would you prefer to start directly with the Corps-Creation?

All I can say is that it gives me the practice to really give the enemy a "real whoppin' " at the start. I do like the fact that when you do get to camp afterwards you have an extra artillery brigade in your 1st corp, if you disband it, you can't get that extra brigade back. I must admit that I find it a PITA, but there are worse things in daily life. Maybe the answer is to just start  a new campaign at camp with an amount of small brigades that leaves one with options on how to fill out.

Edited by jimcarrel

The first mission is very problematic, IMHO.  It's a bad introduction to the mechanics.  The enemy is in a super-duper fortified position, the likes of which you won't see again in a hurry.  And then there's the damn train which just throws any notion of introducing the game out the window.  I hate the damn train.  And it's really anachronistic the way it's used.

15 hours ago, mainiac said:

The first mission is very problematic, IMHO.  It's a bad introduction to the mechanics.  The enemy is in a super-duper fortified position, the likes of which you won't see again in a hurry.  And then there's the damn train which just throws any notion of introducing the game out the window.  I hate the damn train.  And it's really anachronistic the way it's used.

I have the same feeling.
While the Confederate start is pretty simple and a good start for beginner, the Union start is actually relatively hard, especially for a starter.