Game-Labs Forum

User made ships

Are Game-Labs interested in user made ship models?

If yes, I would like to offer a model I am making for inclusion in Naval Action.

She is the Leda class frigate HMS Shannon (1806), famous for defeating the USS Chesapeake during the war of 1812. Two of her sister-ships in the 47 strong Leda class survive to the present day, the Trincomalee and Unicorn. I started this model for Pirates of the Burning Sea, but it appears unlikely that any new ships can be added to that game, so the model is currently intended for a mod-game project called Hearts of Oak. I'd be happy to make any change needed to ensure the model is suitable for Naval Action.

5ai5.jpg

dfzz.jpg

Regards

Alex

• Like 1

We are currently developing general standards for ships.

Once they are finalized (no deadline yet) we can share them with the aspiring modelers on how we want our ships made.

In addition to that, we are also discussing a potential for creators of such content to get a share of sales from that ship.. (that's a very long shot - so we promise nothing at this stage)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Just to keep this up in the air, I own  the full license for Max, and when I have any time at all, have been digital modeling and modding games since Fleet Command. I have hull modeling software that can dial polygons up or down, I use it for real and for game models. So, I like modding, so I vote that you at least think about it.