Game-Labs Forum

Cavalry

• Burn Bridge
    • Description: a contextual command for cavalry that destroys a bridge, preventing all crossings.
  •  Cavalry Raid
    • Description: An optional mission type that involves burning bridges and cutting telegraph wires as their victory conditions. Impacts the next battle undertaken.

Infantry

• Construct Breastworks
    • Description: infantry unit detaches workers who build earthworks
    • Remarks: Might be approached in the form of a detachment, the who workers who dig are detached and extremely vulnerably. Once complete the workers exit the battlefield, then the unit occupies the completed works.
    • Cost: 100 men
  • Repair Bridge
    • Description: a detached work unit that repairs a burnt out bridge.
    • Cost: 100 men
    • Precedent: Jackson

Edited by Dasm80x86
  • Like 1

You have one good suggestion on that list: a brigade should be able to construct breastworks and entrench over time; Culp's Hill is more than enough precedent without bringing up Lee's and Longstreet's experience as military engineers.  

With all due respect, the rest of your suggestions really have no place here. They are either already modeled by the game, or are totally irrelevant to game play. Assassins? I'm not sure what you're trying to make this game, but this is an historically based tactical game on the AMERICAN Civil War; not Cesare Borgia's condottieri.

BTW. Unless you're commanding an armored column in Iraq, a 'Cavalry Screen' has nothing to do with smoke. It refers to cavalry actively patrolling the flanks to provide recon on the enemy while screening enemy recon from ascertaining your own movements. 

Edited by Andre Bolkonsky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some form of breastwork construction should be implimented because it is historic but I think they should be careful about making it too overpowered.  I wouldn't want to see enemy inf parked in an open field for 2 mins build themselves an unassailable redoubt.  

9 hours ago, Jack link said:

How about a rearguard command. I would enable some troops to cover the rear during an "organized" retreat. Thus preventing a (Rear flanked). 

That's a neat idea, like reverse skirmishers that would stay in position fighting when you hit fall back and then automatically rejoin when you hit hold.