Game-Labs Forum

Missions as Multiplayer Lobby

I wonder if anyone else could get behind using the mission system as a multiplayer PVP lobby.

The idea is that as people go to their missions, similar BR player ships who are doing missions from different nations are placed against each other automatically, so they may fight PVP even though they may have started their missions very far apart.  This would allow easily accessible PVP in a fair way(1v1, similar BR).

This could be toggle-able.

Thoughts?

Some people like PVE only, do not push PVP on them.  

There are already PVP missions that match BR under the missions tab, small and large battles.  Unfortunately not many utilize it anymore. 

And, I'm unsure if all know this as someone told me, you can enter the small/large battles as a group & fight on the same side. Just be sure everyone selects Ready in your group list.

Edited by Anne Wildcat

That's the problem, no one uses ship duels because you get nothing from it.  There's no sense of progress.  I guess the devs thought it would be exploited if the pvp matchmaker included xp/gold.  As a result, everyone just does combat orders against AI to level while the pvp battles are a ghost town.  I would like to have the option of doing combat orders against players if they are available and willing.  That way, I could continue leveling/earning gold while getting in some good pvp fights.  Again, this could be a toggle-able option --not required-- so people could still play pve-only.