Game-Labs Forum

My brief suggestions

Riekopo

• The UI is really boring and generic. It should be period specific.

The UI is way too minimalist. That may be good for a phone or tablet, but not for a PC game. All the controls should be on the screen. This is essential in my opinion for any good RTS game.

Add a way to search for locations by name on the battlefield.

Add a clear indication of the amount of casualties a unit has sustained. I want to rotate my units and preserve them. Just having a random number above them doesn't do me any good because I'm not going to memorize how many men each unit started out with.

The UI should show how much the General is boosting my unit's morale because it's not clear to me that he's doing anything at all.

When reinforcements are arriving it should show where they are going.

The briefings and pre battle screen talk a lot about cardinal directions, but there's no compass on the battle map.

The briefing maps need to be a lot bigger and a lot more detailed. Right now they're low resolution, tiny, and barely show us anything. 

Replace "condition" with stamina or ammo or something else. Condition is way too abstracted and confusing.

There needs to be a way to bring up the pre battle briefing and objectives after you have started the battle so I can remember the context and what I'm supposed to be doing.

Cover needs to be explained better and easier to see. There should be a map mode that indicates cover more clearly. I think I'd like to see a color coded transparent map mode that shows different cover levels and with little icons indicating types of cover.

I'd like to see an indication when units are shooting. I often don't know when my artillery is shooting or not and this makes positioning them even more difficult than it already is.

When an artillery unit is on auto it should say what type of shot it's using.

Figuring out where to place artillery is near impossible. Something needs to be done about that.

There's no presentation to speak of. I'd really like some narration and cutscenes.

Unit range indicators don't seem to be accurate. I often see my units shooting outside of their range.

Why are my unit's morale always low? Even at the beginning of battles it's already depleted.

Percentages. There are too many percentages. Percentages aren't fun or immersive. Morale shouldn't be a percentage. Condition, ammo or stamina or whatever it is shouldn't be a percentage. And so on.

Artillery targeting doesn't seem to work. You can't give artillery targets . They just shoot whoever they want.

There should be a default AI with more options if you want to drill down. Making the player choose from 9 different AIs is confusing.

The General units shouldn't run ahead of the force when you move them with other units.