Game-Labs Forum

Pirate spy halting the fleet for Port Antonio

Today the British fleet went for Port Antonio in response to a flag pulled on Carlisle. While we were tactically defeated in battle (congrats to the rats) our fleet was rudely stopped by what can only be considered a pirate alt account.

After setting sail at Port Morant we suddenly found ourselves in battle against 3 AIs. The battle was initiated by 'PokeMyFace NO' of the PARK clan. He first claimed to not have been the one doing it (obviously bullshit) then said it is his right to start a battle wherever he wants but then left with the rest of the fleet leaving the ships he was supposedly so interested in behind untouched and continued sailing in the middle of our main fleet.

He is a Master and Commander who sailed on a Bellona(probably to have a matchable BR). Up to the Port of Antonio he did not find another AI fleet to attack so I'm unable to tell whether he would've done it again. While I don't think it would've changed the outcome of the port battle this time such actions can only be that of a saboteur or spy/alt account.

Evidence:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/254843095474364215/128EDDA9B9AFAF8DF2793FA81EEF6AAE2ED97F3F/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/254843095474364599/5F3883CE91A286FBA6E726BB8E75352E569D2BEE/

• Like 2

Evidence is not solid enough to support "such actions can only be that of a saboteur or spy/alt account."  , it could be very well a player farming (an undercrewed bellona i can be quite a useful platform to do this) .

It is suspicious indeed, but not enough to take any subsequent action. 

Alt grief  IS a problem and mechanics will try to lessen the impact of it on the game, but withouth 100% security we can not consider this such thing.