Game-Labs Forum

no-click battles on 0.92 - humpf!

RichardMcCor

I tried a number of no-click battles tonight but the key change from 0.85 and 0.9 are when it's me playing union against determined Rebs.

I'm union, AI is determined Rebs. I click nothing. I just watch.

RESULT = Minor Victory for me (3 x in a row)

Grumble, Grumble, I wanted AI to win with ease against union. It used to in 0.85 (or before) and even in 0.9 it won and drew sometimes but today i does not seem to want to get my union troops of the hills and ends up with a loss (minor victory for me with no clicks).

Maybe i need to do more battles to get you a statistically accurate result bu i thought 3x was enough..

I'm cool with a victory if AI is cautious but i think determined should be able to win against my no click union troops.

• Like 3

I don't want to offend the developers, their AI is far superior than most AAA titles (cough Rome 2 total war, cough)

But we are not in an age where an AI can handle a complex game based on complex rules. Chess? sure... it's a complex game based on very simple rules. But this? Game-labs could build the best AI the world has ever seen and it still would probably still have trouble passing the no-click test (much less an actual game with a click-happy human being.)

And they should have a full single-player campaign against an AI.

But please consider finding a way to play against a human opponent in a multiplayer campaign. (essentially a sp campaign, but with a human opponent.)

In AI vs. handsoff defense I've found the results are creditable, although the AI on the attack I've found the AI facing a handsoff opponent does OK, though on offense more deliberate than dashing, and on defense limited in its counters to local maneuvers.