Game-Labs Forum

Issue with Color Blind Mode

Cutch

I appreciate that fact that the game has an option in the graphics settings to help color blind players. As one of the 20% of the population lucky enough to need this, thank you very much for the consideration! However, I have noticed some issues with it's implementation, which may possibly relate to a bug introduced in the past few patches.

The colorblind option appears to change two things during battle:

1. The color of ship names in a combat instance
  2. The color of the ship icons on the battle instance map ('M' key)

The problem is that when colorblind mode is disable, I can see enemy ships on the battle instance map, but I have a hard time distinguishing hostile/friendly names above ships at sea in a combat instance since the blue and green names looks very similar. However, with colorblind mode enabled, I can distinguish names just fine, but enemy ships vanish completely from my battle instance map! I think they are a red-on-gray-background which is essentially invisible to players with common types of colorblindness. As it is now, I have to pick between losing the ability to evaluate the tactics of a battle in the map, or being prone to broadsiding my own fleet mates. The combat map thing is fairly newish, as it looked fine a few weeks ago.

Another issue is enemy ship names in the open world: the red name/nation is difficult to make out on the dark background. If this could be tweaked in colorblind mode, it'd relieve some eye strain.

Thanks!

Edited by Cutch
  • Like 1