Game-Labs Forum

Crew now, and what I think it should be..

Good Morning Lads,

late that night I was thinking about crew and officers and there status in the current build. Crew is, at the moment, a moneysink and not more. You loose crew, restock them with no drawback than loosing money. You can have a crew that is 100% skilled for boarding (thanks to upgrades), and with a few cliks you have a decent gunnery ship with no boarding teams at all. I am not a fan of this right now.

Lets think about what "Crew" can be: 

Crew gets XP like the Officers and you can give Percs to them, like to your Officer. If you restock crew with newbies, you loose an according ammount of XP and maybe Percs. Respec your Crew should be possible for a decent fee (This could be used as a moneysink)

Another suggestion is that the crew will get "Perks" by using things. If you fire your cannons you will get perks bound to gunnery. If you are making turns you crew gests better in sailing, and so on... Maybe in addition with the officer Percs, we all can get rid of nonpermanent upgrades. 

At least, formidable percs for officers will be for crew training not for faster reload, like:

Friend of lashing - crew looses 10% less xp if crew members are restocked with newbies.
Drill sergeant - crew gets 5% more XP

and so on...

Atleast... lower costs, or make them free of carge (in gold) for new crew (newbies) , make it possible to hire expirienced crew for a higher fee (no xp loss).

Just my thoughts...
Regards
Jack Tar Karotte

• Like 1