Game-Labs Forum

Sorry....But I am a bit urinated

You have changed the game and that might be a good thing. You made it necessary to buy or craft medkits to rebuild crew or hire new crew at high prices.  This could be a good thing, we will have to see.  However, you then make it almost impossible to craft the medkits thereby forcing people to buy them at high prices. This is done  by restricting the ability to produce rum.  There are towns that say they produce rum but we cannot build a facility to make the rum.  We could craft the rum directly except you have restricted access to the sugar to make the rum to just a few towns widely scattered on the map in places that are hostile to other countries.

This makes it appear that you favoring those who have control of the sugar plantations.  Are your friends in the sugar business???

I am hoping that this was just an oversight on your part and you will soon populate sugar plantations and enable the building of rum factories in many more places on the map.  Then the appearance of favoritism will be dispelled.

What follows are my ideas on favoritism and bias in so called "Sand Box" online games:

One of the worst things you could do as developers would be to show favoritism or the appearance of favoritism  to one group or type of players over others. The main thing that killed EVE for me was the obvious bias the developers had toward the ganking/pirate segment of players.  They obviously had an idea of the way they "thought" the game should be played. Even though they claimed it was a "Sand Box", able to be played as the player wished, they time and again manipulated and adjusted aspects of the game to make it easier for the ganker/pirate/raider segment to attack the miner/builder/trader segment.  When the traders found a way to get around the gankers it would not be long before the developers would "adjust" the rules to negate that work around.

I fervently HOPE that you as developers will not fall into the trap of having fixed ideas of how your game "Should" be played. I can understand that there can be unintended consequences to features that you add to the game, things can get overlooked, or bugs will show up.  You have made adjustments as we go along to rectify some of these issues and I commend you for that. All I can say is keep up the good work.  Take careful consideration to changes and additions so that one group or type of player is not advantaged or favored over others.

Again....I think the Sugar/Rum aspect of the new Medkit feature needs adjustment.  Please add more capability for the players to craft or produce the Medkits.

Thank you......Tacticus 

Do you mean irritated instead of urinated? Lol

Are you sure there aren't more places that produce sugar? If I am correct, production/consumption information is stored locally on your PC and hence you need to visit ports over again to see any changes. But I may be wrong.

There are not buildings in game that produce rum. You can craft rum from sugar which can be collected from structures.

Edited by Anne Wildcat

LOL.......Urinated is a politer term I use to being Pissed off.  Not quite Pissed off but a little stronger that mildly irritated :-)

I have only found 2 places in my larger area of the map, South East, that produce sugar.  Both are in areas that are hostile to my country, and both are a long distance thru hostile infested waters from my area of operation.  I am requesting a greater number of access points to the sugar/rum line of production.

Let me add.....I just spent 110K gold to set up an outpost in a town that says it produces rum.  The town also produces teak, live oak, copper, salt, food supplies, med kits, and repair kits.  I can set up production facilities for teak, live oak, copper, and food supplies.  I can also craft food supplies and the stuff to make repair kits. Salt I can buy in the market for 50 gold per unit, a little expensive but doable.... but I cannot make salt. The repair kits are 750g each but as I said I can make those.  The Med Kits are 5000 g each!!!! and I cannot craft them because I cannot setup a rum factory and have to travel long distances thru dangerous waters to get sugar....I don't even know how much the sugar would cost or if I could even find any to buy if I made the trip.  Thus I say....We are FORCED to buy the med kits at inflated prices or hire new crew at also inflated prices.   WHY?????   As I said in my OP.....There appears to be either something overlooked or game bias has reared its ugly head.  That was my question....Do the developers have a fixed IDEA as to how the game should be played??  Dunno.....just asking

First of all it would be helpful for the devs and to others to state where u are living, as u said the south east i presume you are french.

After looking at Naval Action Craft tool for shop prices u can find locations where they sell the sugar u so desperately need: http://www.navalactioncraft.com/shop-price

Here u can setup buy contracts to get the items when there is non available in the shop at the moment, when it produces the product, when u are the highest buyer it will directly buy the item.

If u need them urgently u can still get them from the European Traders, sure it will screw with your prices but there is a lot of wiggle room when it comes to Med kits.

I can understand your frustration that it is not easy when there are enemy factions around u but greed is a general concept and many players want different items, so just see what others want around u and trade with them, or just get on when there are not many people online, setup the smuggler feature and go raid the ports where they have the items u desire.

For the Rum production it is cheaper to buy it from the npc markets, sure u can make it but it will cost u 115% more.

Depending what u charge for Labor Hours the build cost for a medkit is still more advantageous to build then hire crew from NPCs, people will still buy them when they do the math

OK....For the Devs and everyone else I am in the Danish area.  There are only 2 towns in that end of the map that have sugar, both are in hostile areas and both are long sails from my area of operation.  None of the other commodities that we need are so rare.  WHY??  My request is that the whole sugar/rum/medkit system be made less rare and SO expensive.  Since all the other commodities have a fairly even distribution the sugar should also. Unless there is a reason to make it so difficult and expensive.  What would be that reason??