Game-Labs Forum

major bug with Multiplayer, report bug button doesn't work, can't select or order units around.

Xenutheeviloverlord

I don't really know where this should go, using the "report bug" doesn't work when this bug rears its ugly head.

Essentially, twice tonight, I was trying to play multi on two maps as confederates when they first meet at gettysburg.

Essentially the battle continues to play in front of you like a movie, the camera movement and mouse movements still works...

Except you can no longer select and order your units.

escape button/options does not work,

the report bug button does not work...

essentially it turns into a movie, with no intervention possible on your part.

I had the same sort of UI "freeze" playing in single player. It was in the phase on July 2nd called "Major Attack from Culp's Hill" or something similar. The day was almost done when suddenly nothing was clickable. The mouse moved fine and I could alt-tab out and click things, but in the game there was no way to select or move.

I was resigned to watching the battle play out, and it was going quite well. However, once the battle was done the option came up to continue to the next day. I was unable to click this option because of the bug. At this point I was forced to quit the application.

When I reopened, there was no longer an option to "Continue" my campaign save game. This was my first playthrough, so I don't know if the July 2nd phase I was in was the last phase of the campaign. If so, then I simply missed the final report on my performance. If it wasn't the last phase, then my save game was deleted as well.

Sorry for the problems, UI issue is a rare but known problem and the team is working on that.

In the future and in case that the bug report button is not available (e.g. the game or UI is frozen), if you want to report an issue, please follow the instructions found here http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/881-common-technical-problems-and-solutions/, on how to submit a manual report.