Game-Labs Forum

How do you chat in multiplayer?

Zelekendel

I was just about to write this same post to ask the very same question.

Tonight I had the best match I've ever had in any strategy game, I was defeated by a splendid, stubborn, and even more...cautious confederate player in the very first scenario of the game (first day, first engagement). It would have been just right to be able to thank him or her...

• Like 2

Had i verry nice game yester day on multi.

Would be great is you could chat a bit.

Of course i could just have note down the steam name that was displayed in the connection screen. But i forgot.

Who ever it was Well met and well played.

ps my steam nick is yawgmoth_lord_of_phyrexia

Is there a way to see people you've played with recently in Steam?  I thought there was but it only seems to work with people already on my friends list.

I had an amazing battle today, first multiplayer experience, and it was a close run thing on the Day 1 Phase 1 battle.  In the end I scraped a minor victory as the Confederates, in a battle that went right up to the wire.  Would love to offer the guy a swap sides rematch.

I was just about to write this same post to ask the very same question.

Tonight I had the best match I've ever had in any strategy game, I was defeated by a splendid, stubborn, and even more...cautious confederate player in the very first scenario of the game (first day, first engagement). It would have been just right to be able to thank him or her...

Might have been me.  Steam ID is Don't Escrow Taxes

Temporarily there is not a chat system. You had to use an online chat like skype and such.

Yes, and I'll just put this here.... how is this a draw?  I even held McPherson's Ridge! That should be a victory objective, BTW.

In the outcome McPherson is absent for both sides, probably because it was not completely captured when the time was over.

In the outcome McPherson is absent for both sides, probably because it was not completely captured when the time was over.

Wait, in the 1st scenario McOherson isn't even a VP, it's only present in the second one, where there are only 3 VP (and McPherson gets called Oak Hill in game). The screenshot he showed was from the 1st map, where currently the VP held by each side gives an exactly equal value (according to numbers on screen)  and so Union should have won by 500 points due to casualties. What's the difference between "draw" and "victory" in terms of points?

• Like 1

Sorry guys, apparently the term "Meeting Engagement" was not clear enough. A meeting engagement is two forces on the march encountering each other and the battle developing gradually, escalating as new units enter the field. That's map 1.

Oak Ridge, Oak Hill and Seminary altogether are 2750 pts, Herr's Ridge is 3000. But naturally it shouldn't be expected that the Confederates would lose Herr's Ridge barring remarkably uneven play. Therefore, even if the Union completely stops the Confederate and even causes more casualties, the game cannot be called a draw.

In the campaign, Herr's Ridge really shouldn't score for the Confederation, however the Union could score it, but one-way objectives aren't in the game yet.

About chatting, how can you even see the name of your opponent unless you happen to see it when he joins (naturally I do other stuff than look at the screen when waiting for opponents, don't you). And even then, there'll be hundreds of similarly named people on Steam. And how do you even have time for that when there is no pause and the match automatically begins?

Wait, in the 1st scenario McOherson isn't even a VP, it's only present in the second one, where there are only 3 VP (and McPherson gets called Oak Hill in game). The screenshot he showed was from the 1st map, where currently the VP held by each side gives an exactly equal value (according to numbers on screen)  and so Union should have won by 500 points due to casualties. What's the difference between "draw" and "victory" in terms of points?

Sorry I was mislead by the McPherson reference. The issue is noted.