Game-Labs Forum

Disabling reload on a boardisde in a simple keybinds combo.

Hi Captains and hopefully hi Dev's if you read this, 

Since a few we have the possibility to disable reload on a boardside using F5 but we need first to enter in "aim view" then press F5 .

We can't start to do this before the battle session starts and loose precious time passing in aim mode from one side to another to execute this simple order.

For example if we want to disable reload in the left side and those placed on the rear of the ship, we need to wait for the battle to start, then switch in aim mode to the left side, press F5, then switch in aim mode to the rear and press again F5, same thing in the heat of the battle when needing to disable reload on a boardside, this is adding unnecessary commands and making the process longer than needed.

My simple suggestion is to add for each canon load a 4th possibility like seen on the picture here :

644280Client2016050415054444cr.png

We used to have double shots on carronades and this 4th possibility for the type of ammos is probably still present in the code, maybe for the Dev's it will not be a big effort to bring back the 4th option and assign it the function to disable reload on one broadside in supplement to the type of ammos selected using those commands, the key 4 will be a toggle ON/OFF action and the switching of the type of ammos will still work independently of it.

Keeping the current system passing in aim mode then using F5 on the top of this one is fine too.

This will allow to disable quickly some boardsides reloads using a quick combo of 2 keys, it will be easy as switching the type of ammos and will also allow players to disable some boardises reload directly during the initial timer countdown before the match really starts and not having to pass in aim mode then pressing F5 during the heat of the battle where you probably want to keep your eyes locked exactly at the opposite side where you have to go for disabling reload after passing in aim mode there and pressing F5.

Thanks in advance.

Edit : Modified a bit the title to match more precisely the content of the suggestion

• Like 4

Often had to enter aim mode myself especially when it comes to the rear or front canons before pressing F5 and be sure that it will disable what i need and not a right or left broadside like it happened a few times to me so it became an habit to enter aim mode to be sure.

F5 works but adds unnecessary need to look at the direction or enter aim mode on the side you need to disable, by definition the side you don't want to bother with in the instant of the action when a simple combination of 2 keys similar to the change of ammo type will do the work without having unnecessary steps.

Like i said it should add on the top of the F5 possibility, not asking for F5 to be removed, simply improved.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know why they created a whole new option to deactivate a whole broadside instead of using the current keybinds F1-F4 to manually deactivate each deck one by one.

Sometime I just want every sailors manning the guns on the weather deck to stop reloading and to sail instead while the guys on the lower/middle/top deck keep doing their stuff. I don't want to shut down an entire broadside in order to do that...

To be perfectly honest, I don't know why they created a whole new option to deactivate a whole broadside instead of using the current keybinds F1-F4 to manually deactivate each deck one by one.

Both options cover different needs, a far as I know F1-F4 only removes the deck from the fire routine, it does not "liberate" the crew , and is much needed when using different gun types in each one (i.e. lower longs,  weather carros ) to better separate aim...but you  do not want those sailors going to other pools. 

As said F5 should be allowed also in a deck base.