Game-Labs Forum

Battles crashing video driver

praetorian012

Had the same problem and i solved it by getting MSI Afterburner and setting my MAX Temps for my GPU to 64'c.

If you do this make sure you prioritize Temp Limit(Little arrow pointing down)

EDIT: I Didn't believe it was overheat because my GPU (GTX 770) is made to hit 80'c but once i lowered the temp of my GPU i have not had any problems.

It is possible that the high temps is causing instability or that it isnt entirely stable at the clocks since by setting the temp to 64 you are basically forcing it to lower its clocks to be able to keep those lower clocks, try lowering your clockspeed should have the same result but you might get better performance.

If you are using laptop consider investing into these cooling solutions. Remember - Heat is your N1 enemy. 

Laptop Cooling Pad

91hUJTczekL._SL1500_.jpg

If you are using PC consider investing into:

35-103-195-06.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=pc+overheating&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv9p36menMAhWJ7D4KHcxtDR0Q_AUICCgC&biw=814&bih=533#tbm=isch&q=cooler+master+cpu+water+cooler

Whether this will help is very hit and miss, those cooling pads tend not to really help much and a cpu cooler wont help if its the GPU causing the instability(which it most likely is if the gpu driver crashes)

Well, I have played the last 3 days on my laptop (MSI Apache Pro with an 860 M graphics, card) and on that rig the game runs as a charm (lag spikes due to much Wifi traffic from my kids taken for granted..... kids these days :# )

Will try my PC when the servers are back up.