Game-Labs Forum

Pirates attacking and boarding each other many times, is this an exploit?

This happened on PVP2, 2 pirate players in a Constitution and a 3rd Rate engage just outside Tordo port in Mexico, they fire a few shots at eachother, then the guy in the Constitution board the guy in the 3rd rate, the guy in 3rd rate looses the boarding very quickly, then they both dock then head out and repeat the whole process which took maybe 4 mins each time, at first they didnt noticed I was there so I watched them do this about 4 times, the last time I was trying to get my shadowplay to work and hang out of the port for to much time, they spoted me and stoped, however I dont know how many times they did it before I loged on.

Since I was trying to get my shadowplay to work I didnt took any screenshots, when I realized that my shadow play was not going to work I tried to get some screen caps but it was already to late, I wrote their names though, and I've heard that the devs can look at the servers logs to see if anyone is cheating, so my question is: are these players cheating/exploiting? If they are I will post their names here

•  
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

Friendly fire rule change

Green on green friendly fire results in -3x xp for every point of damage.

Green on green friendly kills will result in demotion to midshipman if the number of kills reaches 2. 

No tribunal is needed - we will provide the punishment weekly on fridays automatically.

If the number of friendly kills will reach 3 a national player account will turn pirate. 

The pirate who will get 3 kills will get his XP reset

Green on green means: you sink a player ON YOUR SIDE of the battle (who is green for you in the tab interface)

•  
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

Friendly fire rule change

Green on green friendly fire results in -3x xp for every point of damage.

Green on green friendly kills will result in demotion to midshipman if the number of kills reaches 2. 

No tribunal is needed - we will provide the punishment weekly on fridays automatically.

If the number of friendly kills will reach 3 a national player account will turn pirate. 

Green on green means: you sink a player ON YOUR SIDE of the battle (who is green for you in the tab interface)

What is the difference between these two? Why do pirates get 3?

I am sorry but that is a stupid rule for the legit player. To make it worse, you guys had to automate it.....

Way to put "us" with "them". Have you ever been sucked into a battle and some drunken morons/newbie start shooting you instead of the ennemy? And you're letting them going they sink you? Had been sucked once in my trincon against a newbie player, he kept shooting me over and over again, had to sink the ennemy so I could exit asap and not letting this friendly douche sinking me.

Clearly, I'll be the one who will get punished if I want to get out fast.

By the way, chat doesn't matter they don't bother with...

Look at it this way they do it too much they will be back in a cutter meanwhile you sail on 

It doesn't change the fact if they are newbie and don't give a damn about reading guides. For the idiot it's fine, they deserve it

But hell, no one  wants to be harassed against a cutter/pickle in your trinc/connie/bellona.

You can't sink him because you will be the one who is getting punished instead.

Look at it this way they do it too much they will be back in a cutter meanwhile you sail on 

More importantly, there is the good guy and the bad guy. A friendly opens fire on you, he's bad, end of story. No matter when, why or how - it's as simple as that.

If you allow firing back - you no longer are able to decide who is the bad guy. The one who shot first? Maybe he wouldn't shoot anymore? The one who responded time and time again? Maybe he only tried to defend himself? As soon as you allow any kind of green on green you have no other option as to allow all kinds. And this is hell's gate, no one wants to play a game that allows and supports griefing!

Only if they ever refund or undo your sinking ship, but clearly, the developpers has stated several time this typical case are out of their control and they will not do anything about it.

Non seulement, le mec t'attaque, mais tu peux perdre ton bellona parce que le connard pense que tu es un ennemie. Faut espérer que l'inconpetent rate toute ses balles pour fuir ou couler le plus vite le vraie ennemie.....

Edited by richardphat