Game-Labs Forum

PVP2: Proposed PVP Free-for-All Zone - Cayman Brac

Arsilon

So with recent complaints of "it's too far to find PvP", "I'm tired of fighting empty/undefended port battles", "There is no one around to fight", etc.  I am proposing we declare a PvP Free-for-All zone.  Normally I hate arena style contrived PvP but given recent server issues, this is probably a reasonable compromise.

What this entails is that any individual, clan, etc. looking for PvP create an outpost in Cayman Brac (or other?) where if you really want to fight, show up and anything goes independent of any nation agreements, cease-fires, alliances, non-aggression pacts or anything else that would have bigger consequences for fighting other than losing your ship. 

You want to fight?   You don't know where to find it?  Come solo.  Come in groups.  Attack whoever.  Join whatever battles you want on whatever side you want.

The trick will still be to align play times for various parties that are interested.

Reinforcement zones and invuln/invis joining have been disabled so that makes things a lot more simple.  But looking at the map I wanted to try and find a port that was close enough for most people to sail to but out of the way enough that it would not interfere with any conquest fleets the might be moving around.   Based on that, Cayman Brac seemed like a reasonable choice but other suggestions would be welcome.

Could this work?  Is it worth trying?  Anyone interested?  Any other suggestions?

• Like 3

For those that are unwilling to start from scratch and/or are willing to wait until any wipe in order to pull the trigger on any move, this is a compromise for the main complaint I have been seeing with respect impact of the lower population on this server.

• Like 1

Not totally sure this is necessary, really.

If anything I'd be tempted to suggest perhaps some particular days or times when we encourage people into Small Battles. They're available from anywhere, they're balanced, you still risk ship durability but after-battle repairs are free. The rewards are half normal but the ability to find fair fights back to back to back would make up for that.

I'm not going to pick a time/day because it doesn't interest me that much, but it seems like an obvious direction to take for someone wanting to organize some big and relatively fair battles. As far as I know there are no ship restrictions and you could bring 1st-3rd rates if you wanted (pretty sure "small" just means number of players required to start while "large" has a certain minimum count to start the fight).

But also, was noticing plenty of action around La Tortue last night. Dunno if that was a fluke or normal (I just got there) but that seems like the current "place to be".

• Like 2

I was going to suggest Tortue but then wondered if that might "get in the way" of whatever Conquest shenanigans might be going on with the Pirates and Britain (not that that really is a consideration I would care about because quite frankly that would make it even more fun in my opinion).

I was also thinking this probably would have to be a 'scheduled' thing as well so people know to show up.  Or worst case a "hey [insert clan/nation here]!  I'm calling you out.  Show up at Cayman Brac with your big boy pants on.  See you in 20 minutes." in global chat.

• Like 1

My honest suggestion is just to move to PVP1. We just moved last night, and the literal double or more population at all times solves all of these problems. PVP is plentiful near all front lines!

Don't want to start over, thanks

• Like 1

Don't want to start over, thanks

What's the point of having loads of money if there's not enough fights to spend it on? :lol:

Pretty sure you'd find people who'd lend a helping hand to get people going.

What's the point of starting over and slowing your xp progress when we will likely start over again anyway?

Life is good on PvP2 now, silly clans that liked playing politics have left and now there's a free for all of resources and PvP privateering. Crafting and rank XP is coming faster than ever. I hope the pop stays low until the wipe, those that stayed will be way ahead of the game :)

• Like 2

Not totally sure this is necessary, really.

If anything I'd be tempted to suggest perhaps some particular days or times when we encourage people into Small Battles. They're available from anywhere, they're balanced, you still risk ship durability but after-battle repairs are free. The rewards are half normal but the ability to find fair fights back to back to back would make up for that.

I'm not going to pick a time/day because it doesn't interest me that much, but it seems like an obvious direction to take for someone wanting to organize some big and relatively fair battles. As far as I know there are no ship restrictions and you could bring 1st-3rd rates if you wanted (pretty sure "small" just means number of players required to start while "large" has a certain minimum count to start the fight).

But also, was noticing plenty of action around La Tortue last night. Dunno if that was a fluke or normal (I just got there) but that seems like the current "place to be".

A Random event would be an idea. Say you fight over a certain objective and get rewarded with like an upgrade and bonus XP+ gold than usual amount for normal PvP battles

Edited by Critique
  • Like 1