Game-Labs Forum

Dev's and Mod's Abusing Powers "Chat Bans"

So far as the clearly stated rules say for chat bans

Warnings and bans Policy

The list below shows the structure of our warning and suspension policy. This policy may be bypassed completely in favor of permanent revocation of a forum user’s posting privileges.

1st  offence – warning

2nd  offence – 2 day pre-moderation

3rd  offence – 2 suspension

4th offence– 7 day suspension

5th offence or more – 14 day suspension

Additional warnings can result in a permanent ban depending on the severity of the case..

I was only given a warning in game a brief message i could not fully read as it disapered and i could not tell clearly what it was telling me.

Next day i log in and cannot chat in local, clan, private message, or group....i could not even X up in clan to get an invite to group to go sailing.

i found out throught the link above and by requesting a PM from a mod that i was banned for 7 day for massive chat abuse......

they listed 7 comments i made in game chat that MAY have made me entitled to a chat ban. IF i have revived the proper warnings

There was NO 2 day Pre-Moderation there was NO 2 day chat ban.....Straight to 7 day ban........

Same has happened to a few of my clan members. and the only reason we were so toxic was because of the reputation and fear we instill in the pirate community in PVP2 USA. and that community reported us for no reason. one of the reasons i was banned was because i said this in a PM when someone asked me a question about where to buy pirate frigates, my misspelling was my demise when i said 

"i know where pirate figgets get spawn ina port but somone keeps cleanning all the ships out of that port"

and the word Figgets was actually meant to be Frigates however i was typing to fast and totally miss spelled as everyone often does.

If this is how the DEV's And mod's want to treat their player base i do not see this game going very far.

NO WHERE IN THIS FORUM IS A RULE THAT STATES "FOR MASSIVE CHAT ABUSE YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECIVE A 7 DAY CHAT BAN"

And this is abuse of powers making up rules all willy nilly.

• Like 1

People don't get a free pass three times if their offense is significant or persistent enough.

"This policy may be bypassed completely in favor of permanent revocation of a forum user’s posting privileges."

Would you rather we just follow that to the letter and revoke your chat permissions permanently?  While that policy is generally followed for light infractions, it may be short circuited or bypassed altogether at the discretion of the Developers or Moderation Staff.

Further spamming of the forums regarding this issue, or claims of "abuse of powers" will result in additional warnings and may result in a period of pre-moderation of your posts.  This is not for the discussion of whether or not you should have received a ban, nor for how long it should have been - this is for making a quick request to get more information about your ban.  Stop trolling.

• Like 8