Game-Labs Forum

The Grind!

Not yet. I tried 24pdrs on the Niagra and although was impressed with the damage, the inaccuracy put me off - so did the long loading time compared with 6pdr long guns - off top of my head 6pdr LG about 29 secs, 24pdr Crnd 40+ secs. Not quite sure why this should be - guess it's lugging a great 24lb ball!! Looking forward to trying 9pdr LGs.

Thing is I'm finding it more tricky facing 2 cutters in the lower rank missions than 1 opponent say in a Snow on the same rank missions. The faster loading time makes a huge difference especially when my gunnery's mediocre at best!  :lol:

Not yet. I tried 24pdrs on the Niagra and although was impressed with the damage, the inaccuracy put me off - so did the long loading time compared with 6pdr long guns - off top of my head 6pdr LG about 29 secs, 24pdr Crnd 40+ secs. Not quite sure why this should be - guess it's lugging a great 24lb ball!! Looking forward to trying 9pdr LGs.

Thing is I'm finding it more tricky facing 2 cutters in the lower rank missions than 1 opponent say in a Snow on the same rank missions. The faster loading time makes a huge difference especially when my gunnery's mediocre at best!  :lol:

here's a cannon guide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642807736

Tbh, the only use I see for long range cannons in NPC fights is when you join fleet grinders in a smaller ship to prevent getting stomped by a 3rd (or when you wanna cap something on a mission). You could ofc stern camp tubs, which is what I did with the niagara. Just stay away from other players while you do that or they might get pissy :P

Edited by ValoWay

When it comes to planet-side 2 they have an amazing payment method where all player start with basic guns but have to either grind to get the specific style of play they like or pay to skip that....also tons of customization but thats for Fps

So there is still a grind and let me tell you that the grind is real with out boosts.

The key point about Planetside 2 is that you don't need to grind in order to play the full game with the veterans.

Day 1, hour 1, you can join the biggest, baddest battle out there and get kills. You'll be a long way from having everything you want, but you start with everything you need.

You cannot do that in Naval Action. A newbie won't even be able to get into a deep water battle (undercrewing a 5th rate with 40, 60 or even 120 crew isn't going to be any fun). Having a ship with six 6-pound cannons per side isn't much fun when everyone else is in 3rd rates or better.

Edited by Slamz