Game-Labs Forum

Suggestions for Ultimate General: Gettysburg

After getting the game to work, and playing it for a bit, I noticed that I did not waste my $9.99 on buying this game. It's worth every penny. There are some things that I would suggest to make the game even that much better though, Which would be:

• Custom battles

Giving the player the ability to pick and choose their and the enemy side's troops, and the difficulty on which they wish to play would be awesome.

• The ability to Dig troops in 

Now this would be great for defensive players, and also needed in the case if your positions are being over-ran by the enemy. Just pull your troops back, have them dig in, and drive the enemy back from the dug in positions.

This is all I can think of at the moment. As this is a suggestions thread, it is open to any and all comments that you might have for suggestions on this great game.

• Like 2

Digging in sounds reasonable, "Fortify" button adding X cover/morale and maybe Y boost to provision regeneration after Z time spent on the activity, locking the unit's location and facing, bonus removed on movement. Perhaps only available where cover is over 50% to begin with, to simulate the complete inability to fortify in the middle of open ground.

Go a step further and have the fortifications become visible on the map and able to be used again, by both sides.

Though I assume this feature, among many others, are already planned for in some way, which make suggestions moot. ;)

I know, I just posted this for everyone's ideas and for them to think a little on what would be cool in the game :D

Oh, yeah, indeed, sorry if I was unclear; I was belittling my own mumblings, not yours!

I just have a very hard time coming up with ideas and suggestions that I can honestly tell myself "Nick n' team have not thought of this already", and that's just based on the level of competence shown in modifications of existing games with hardcoded limits. Here I assume there won't be many of those pesky issues. Excited, yay.

I would like to see the possibility of:

1. Creating my own orders of battle from a pool of possible units.

2. Being able to assign these units to a battle as I wish.

3. Merging Brigades when they become weaker than I'd like.

4. Assigning Regiments to form Brigades; Brigades to form Divisions, and Divisions to form Corps.

5. Assigning Generals to formations as I wish.

I would like to see the possibility of:

1. Creating my own orders of battle from a pool of possible units.

2. Being able to assign these units to a battle as I wish.

3. Merging Brigades when they become weaker than I'd like.

4. Assigning Regiments to form Brigades; Brigades to form Divisions, and Divisions to form Corps.

5. Assigning Generals to formations as I wish.

I think you will have to wait till they allow us to Mod this game to add different battles, different brigades, and different ideas in general. Until then you are stuck with Gettysburg. Not Lannes custom battle :)