Game-Labs Forum

Crew Rank Ballance

Its really nasty atm with new ships on higher ranks

i suggest to switch Master and Commander back to 280 (frigate)

and Post Captain to 450 (Consti).

Lets look at actual numbers:

40 -> 60 -> 120 -> 150 -> 200 -> 250 -> 350 -> 650 -> 800 -> 1100

That means  increases of:

+20 -> +60 -> +30 -> +50 -> +50 -> +100 -> +300 -> +150 -> +300

in Percentage:

+50% -> +100% -> +25% ->+33%->+20%->+40%->+85%->+23% -> +38%

This means that Master and Commander gets the worstest improvement at all.

In my Opinion a new rank should give you the possibility to command a much bigger Ship.

So please higher the Crew numbers for these two ranks

It seems there'll either be new ships or new ranks added, I think the devs have confirmed yes to both.

Not really bothered about crew myself, for me a new rank is 'ok what cool ship can I sail now????'. The jump to master and commander lets you have a surprise or renommee which are considerable upgrades over the slobodan so it's all good.

One thing that does strike me as a bit odd as at Post Captain/the rank you can sail the frigate, belle poule or the trincomolee but it seems in every single aspect the trinc is a straight upgrade. I'd imagine when the production of trincomolees catches up with demand, frigates/poules will be pretty scarce. Sounds like another rank is planned to slot in there.

I think they should scrap the whole system and make it so that you earn increases in smaller increments much more frequently. They can leave the ranks as they are, just decouple them from the crew increases.

I mean they can take the XP curve the same way as it is right now and just break it up into little bites where you get 10 men. That way you level up a lot more often, and there aren't any ships that fall so weirdly in between two vastly different ranks that they are never really ideally crewed unless you buy them as a downgrade from what you could have.

In fact if they just gave you 10 guys every 1000 XP it might even make a pretty decent curve all by itself, since when you get to the high end ships suddenly need hundreds and hundreds more crew.

Edited by Aetrion