Game-Labs Forum

What's with the iPad UI?

Riekopo

I can't help but think that the current UI is designed for an iPad. What's up with that? I hope it's just a placeholder. That's a big no no for a PC game.

We are in early access and i think upon game release the PC version will look far superior hopefully fingers crossed.

The UI is designed the way it if for better fluidity in movement and actions.

Having the UI like this also makes it much easier to port over to tablets and over touch-enabled devices, as they have mentioned multiple times that they intend on doing. The UI is like as not to improve.

Our goal was minimalistic UI for PC and all other platforms. Previously strategy games were overloading player with information, in our game units have the brain of their own thus need less control. Better unit cards (with more info) were planned but temporarily cut. Every button addition was a heated battle inside a team - as if you let one extra button in.. 100s will follow.

We can approach UI again closer to or after the release, because currently UI has less negative feedback than some of the other issues that need to be fixed. 

I think with all RTS games having options to choose what you like is probably the way to go everything should be optional not being forced down the path ;). Personally my opinion is the UI is fine at the moment but hopefully when the release is near we will be able to choose between some more UI's so everyone has the choice of what they prefer.

I think with all RTS games having options to choose what you like is probably the way to go everything should be optional not being forced down the path ;). Personally my opinion is the UI is fine at the moment but hopefully when the release is near we will be able to choose between some more UI's so everyone has the choice of what they prefer.

I'm still waiting for official mod support so I can get into the files. ;-;