Game-Labs Forum

Graphics settings [BROKEN]

CHVNGE

Hi, yesterday I tried to try out different graphic settings and I have come across a vsync bug that now doesn't allow me to play the game at all.

I tried to increase the quality of how the game looks by maxxing out all the settings and I used the 30 fps lock on both the open world and within battles so that I didn't have fps spikes.

It played perfectly for around ten minutes and looked great but I left the game idle for a short while and when I came back It said that I had a windows kernel driver stopped responding and has started again error.

I had to CTRL/ALT+DEL to close the program within task manager.

So I tried to reset the game to its default graphics settings but for some strange reason you need to be in the game and playing the game before you can change any graphics settings. So I am unable to turn of the vsync setting off to a fix the crash.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game in the hopes that the game will start with default graphics setting but this did not work.

I have searched through the games files to see if I could manually adjust the settings so that I can start the game with the default settings. But I cannot find any files of this type.

This is most certainly a vsync problem as I have had a similar problem with another recent game and I fixed it by disabling vsync/buffering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

What are your PC specs?

there are some tips,

1) try to turn sli / crossfirex off

2) try to set Compatibility with Windows 7 on the both client.exe and client_,exe files (here \SteamApps\common\Naval Action)

My specs are as follows:

Windows 10

I7 @ 3.3ghz

16gb system ram

GTX 880m 8gb VRAM

I have since managed to fix this issue but It wasn't easy. I had to keep reloading the game in the hopes that I have enough time to quickly change the vsync settings before the game would crash. The first few times I failed miserably but I did however manage to change the settings.

This is most definitely a vsync/buffering problem as I am now playing with vsync disabled I am playing the game flawlessly again.

This problem has occurred on some other games too so there is no reason to assume this is a problem with Naval Action although if there was an option to change the graphical settings in a menu before the game loads to play then I wouldn't have needed to race against the crash to try and fix it.

Most likely a windows 10 driver and/or the latest nvidia driver is conflicting somehow as I have recently had a similar problem with another new release.

Anyhow thanks for responding, much appreciated.

CHVNGE