Game-Labs Forum

Some suggestion & question

vs_shell

Hi, thank you for realy great job!

One of my fist PC games was a Sid Meier's Gettysburg. So much time has passed from this. And i hoping that in one day some one make game like that.

All looks good, but i have a question:

What about a multiplayer mode?

If it'll be released, can we have not historical mode? I mean a game without timer. Just for total annihilate.

Suggestion:

Rivers on the map. Units can't force deep rivers. It available only through the bridge.

Make weariness factor more stronger. At this moment i can run through all map, charge enemy squad and crush them. Look this monent on Sid Meier's Gettysburg.

Make squad formation: Three line, double line, square etc...

Fix:

Surrounded squad don't give up.

Immortal generals. Very strange moment with them, they don't die. Also squad don't open fire on general staff.

I agree with everything you said. There will be a multi player and hopefully they make it 2v2 or 3v3 at least. Not just 1v1 blah.

I agree generals should be allowed to die. I laughed when I was in the third day having kicked the Yankees arse and low and behold i see I Division Reynolds and I bought laughed my ass off knowing he was spose to be dead.

I also wish they would consider detachments from the brigade so you can leave a Regiment to guard some VP and not have to waste your entire brigade.

If the map could rotate this game would be 100% better. Its impossible to build a straight battle line on a map with hills when you cannot rotate the map.

And last a After Battle report to explain why I just spent 3 hours on a game. Other than you killed 20,000 they killed 27,000 you win...

Still though if they make these changes it will be a top 5 PC game easy. If not just another Indie game that had a fad.

@python - Bingo. Cavalry needs an overhaul. As I understand it, the devs have a specific vision for these units that is, honestly, pretty ahistorical. I'm not sure if this is something they are open to changing, but I would like to see cav and skirmishers (formation selection or detachment vs dedicated units) brought more in line with historic realities. I don't believe these changes would sacrifice game play, but it might clash with that vision. This is all my speculation, btw, I could be completely off and would welcome being corrected.

Cavalry units would be like the special forces unit in the Civil War. They could ride into battle dismount and bring to bear 2x the firepower (each soldier would carry one or two pistols and a rifle) and carry 2x the ammo (in saddle bags) needed to hold a position.