Game-Labs Forum

my ideas for open world.

first off i hope that this will be a true open world game. i think it should be one huge map or multiple maps based on the regions of the world. no safezones, but there should be security as in national waters and international waters. if you are in international waters you can do whatever you want, but when your in national waters you can stil do whatever u want but can face that nations ships or something going after you while your in there waters. i hope player interaction is open, as in if i see a player i can choose to talk or attack without having to load a pvp arena or request a duel. that way anyone who sees the batle can offer to join in and so the players can leave any time and try to escape there opponents. after battle i think you should have to go to port to repair dmg and to refit. i hope its 3d world travelling in rl time i dont think 2d map traveling would be very fun. i think the best example of what i want is eve but with sailing instead of space.

just to answer some of your points.. yes it will be 3d because that is how it is now

but the way i see it is -

your initially given a certain amount of finances to buy a ship, crew and resources (enough to get you to a port) lets say 2 months supplies)..

i dont see ports as living enviroments i see them as places for assignments/tasks/orders/information maybe with a ui that is a captains log where you get options for the mentioned tasks, purchases etc

so for example the first boat you buy is a naval ship..  and get a note from the admiral ordering you to meet up with the fleet in the english channel (other players assigned same orders) and patrol  a zone as word is out that spanish ships has been sighted the fleet need to capture the spanish ships not sink them .. and a bounty will go to each ship that captures them..