Game-Labs Forum

Tagged while towing

Cpt Shadow

I'm not sure if this is a bug but will post it, in fact, I have seen several tiny anomalies recently so I will post them individually.  I normally post them in F11 but when they are small I tend not to and now I'm starting to think this is a mistake.

I was towing to a port and had 40 seconds left to go when I was tagged, I obviously thought ok the tag countdown will beat the tow countdown.  I was surprised when the tag countdown completed and instead of going into battle I found myself at the tow port with the tag circle still round me and obviously no attacker in site.  If this is how tow works then fine but something kind of felt odd about this.

yes definitely was shorter than the tow, but one thought occurred to me. Could he have retagged me at the last minute? Because whilst i remained in tow but i rotated me ship expecting to go into battle, I guess that may have caused him to retag at the last second of the tag but still had at least 20-30 seconds on the tow.  The thing is the tow actually towed early its like the tow was generated by the tag timer.

So the exact scenario, as near as I can get it was, towing with 40 seconds left and tagged i then stay in tow as i rotate my ship the tag timer appears to reach zero and I tow to port where i am sitting with the tag circle round me.