Game-Labs Forum

Intelligence Service Information

Garyjd

Army Intelligence information consists of Army size, Training, and Armory. What does the Army Size mean? The reason I ask is I am about to fight the Battle of Chickamauga and the intelligence information shows an army strength of 208-213k troops. Up to this point I have outnumbered the Union forces and have not faced an army any where near this size as the game has progressed. Does this number also reflect the number of recruits that are not yet in their field army? Just curious.

1 hour ago, The Soldier said:

The Army Size mentioned in the Intelligence Service panel serves as a maximum cap to the size of the enemy army.  The enemy can scale up or down to within that cap to your army, however, but cannot go over it (if it does, there's a bug).

See what I posted earlier in feedback...wonder if it's an unintended oversight that multiday battles keep letting the enemy scale up to their Army Size cap every day regardless of how many total they've fielded already.

1 minute ago, Hitorishizuka said:

See what I posted earlier in feedback...wonder if it's an unintended oversight that multiday battles keep letting the enemy scale up to their Army Size cap every day regardless of how many total they've fielded already.

I saw.  I let it be because I have no idea what's going on there.  It's the final battle, but I don't think that should exempt it from the overall rules, but then again, I don't really know for sure.  However, if it's any other battle, I'm pretty sure it would be a bug (if the army size goes over the listed Intel Service number).

On 8/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, The Soldier said:

I saw.  I let it be because I have no idea what's going on there.  It's the final battle, but I don't think that should exempt it from the overall rules, but then again, I don't really know for sure.  However, if it's any other battle, I'm pretty sure it would be a bug (if the army size goes over the listed Intel Service number).

From what I understand is that there is a minimum army size that cannot be lowered for each battle. In Washington it shows up as ~100k on MG with lvl 4 recon with Intelligence numbers listing the total Union forces at under 50k. From what I understand there would be no difference between Intelligence 50k and 100k in this case. The advantage would be I can field as large an army as I want without increasing that 100k.