Game-Labs Forum

Am I doomed?

My brave Army of the Arkansas is preparing to take on Chancellorsville.

I'm on Brigadier General difficulty, approaching with an army of a little over 80k. The "intelligence bar" shows the Union army at 130k. 

How am I doing numbers wise? I haven't made it this far in a long time, and I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty... between that and the new update, I'm not sure how many troops I have to have. Is 80k enough? How many do you guys usually have by now?

Also, I've never been any good at Chancellorsville... Any advice for the battle itself?

Edited by Albert Sidney Johnston

Do not try any offensive action whatsoever until the third day. Stay in trees and forrests. ON the last day, do not charge, rely on shooting to dislodge the union positions. Cap the objective when the counter is near 0 and leave this hellhole ASAP.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:54 AM, Albert Sidney Johnston said:

My brave Army of the Arkansas is preparing to take on Chancellorsville.

I'm on Brigadier General difficulty, approaching with an army of a little over 80k. The "intelligence bar" shows the Union army at 130k. 

How am I doing numbers wise? I haven't made it this far in a long time, and I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty... between that and the new update, I'm not sure how many troops I have to have. Is 80k enough? How many do you guys usually have by now?

Also, I've never been any good at Chancellorsville... Any advice for the battle itself?

Army of the Arkansas? 

I grew up on the Arkansas River, which army is this we speak of? 

80k should be enough, it's enough on MG difficulty so I'd say your campaign is going well.

The most 'cost effective way' to win so to speak is to rush for a capture of the three victory points during the first day. It will look bloody but it's nothing compared to a three days battle. In the last phase of day one send a division west of the farm (the last VP) and 2 brigades north of it by going around the Union's left. These two groups will be able to delay the union reinforcements while your main force attacks the farm.

On 26/06/2017 at 2:05 PM, Col_Kelly said:

80k should be enough, it's enough on MG difficulty so I'd say your campaign is going well.

The most 'cost effective way' to win so to speak is to rush for a capture of the three victory points during the first day. It will look bloody but it's nothing compared to a three days battle. In the last phase of day one send a division west of the farm (the last VP) and 2 brigades north of it by going around the Union's left. These two groups will be able to delay the union reinforcements while your main force attacks the farm.

Everytime I tried to win earlier than day 3 i'd still have to go through the next day. Are you sure this works?

On 6/25/2017 at 10:33 PM, Andre Bolkonsky said:

Army of the Arkansas? 

I grew up on the Arkansas River, which army is this we speak of? 

That's what I call my campaign army. I've always been rather fond of Arkansas... My first corps is The Army of the Colorado, named after the river of the same name that flows through eastern Texas. My second corps is the Army of the Arkansas led by A.S. Johnston, and my third corps is The Army of the Alabama led by Thomas Jackson.

Collectively, I refer to them as The Army of the Arkansas. 

Edited by Albert Sidney Johnston

7 hours ago, Albert Sidney Johnston said:

That's what I call my campaign army. I've always been rather fond of Arkansas... My first corps is The Army of the Colorado, named after the river of the same name that flows through eastern Texas. My second corps is the Army of the Arkansas led by A.S. Johnston, and my third corps is The Army of the Alabama led by Thomas Jackson.

Collectively, I refer to them as The Army of the Arkansas. 

I approve. Heartily. For whatever that is worth. 

7 hours ago, Draluigi said:

Everytime I tried to win earlier than day 3 i'd still have to go through the next day. Are you sure this works?

I got a day one victory twice. On the other hand I've been told it's impossible to win on day two. If you go for a first day victory however you'll have to suffer a one-hour long capture timer. Challenging but rewarding in the end.

Bonne chance ;)