Game-Labs Forum

"Stand ground" order instead of "Hold"?

kumisz

Hello. I am a new player, just got the game from a friend yesterday, played a whopping 2 battles since then, so I am not very experienced. But I noticed something in the unit control system that could be improved, maybe in the future similar games if there will be more.

Right now, if you put a unit somewhere (say, a high ground position with good cover), it can move around if it is in a fight. The problem is, a lot of times they simply move sideways or even forward until they come out of the cover and the high ground, and if you don't notice it, they will suffer heavy casualties unnecessarily.

The "Hold" order works against this effect as long as you don't give any order to the unit. If you order it to fire at another unit from the position it stands in, the "Hold" order will be cancelled, and if you forget this, the unit will move on its own, and again, suffer casualties.

If the "Hold" order would be changed to an Age of Empires 2 style "Stand ground" order, so the "you can not move until I tell you to" order would not end with your next order, only if you specifically tell the unit that the "Stand ground" order is cancelled, the brigades (regiments?) would be a lot easier to control.

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...