Game-Labs Forum

Just Wondering

Major Grigg

I LOVE THIS GAME! Seriously one of the coolest games I've played. I'm just wondering about the future. 

Will there ever be something like 2 vs 2 to 4 vs 4 battles? I'm sure this has been talked about, so if there is a thread can someone point me in the right direction? 

Also, is more smoke on the field something  worthy for this game? Is it even possible? Is it something people want? 

Also (again), is there another game for this series? 

Forgive me if these topics have already been discussed! 

6 minutes ago, Wright29 said:

No more smoke. It would be awful. 

Why? Smoke was an important element of historical battles and properly depicting its effects would enable new tactics for the player to exploit and new difficulties to account for. I think any feature which makes the game more realistic has an inherit value and in this case few downsides.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wright29 said:

Why make a literal cloud between the player and his troops? 

I'm not saying put cumulonimbus on the field of battle, but some smoke from musket and cannon on the field. 

8 minutes ago, The Soldier said:

Dynamic blocking of line of sight of the troops.  Would make for an interesting mechanic.

This is the goal I am thinking of. A handful of historians attribute this as a major dynamic to the style of fighting that took place.