Game-Labs Forum

Open World Suggestions... Hopes

Ahoy Captains!   I am really enjoying the game.

I spend most of my time traveling up and down the US ports and to the scattered islands east of the coast of Florida looking for good trades.

I would like to see more Landmarks.  It puts more interest to the trip.   As I understood it there were lighthouses back in the days this game was based upon.  Maybe some buoys.

A ships whistle (or bell) to salute other ships as you see them.  This would add to the nostalgia of it all..

The spy glass... Please oh please let us use this so that we can spot islands and ports.  It drives me mad that I can't do this.

Another suggestion would be a compass so that we can point our bodies at a port/island and get the heading to it... so we could do some basic positioning (navigation).

The speed of travel doesn't bother me much.  I feel its a good rate at this point.  It feels pretty realistic to do trading and have a decent amount of time to travel.  Not a fan of the teleporting... feels very cheap.  I guess though, that's my choice to use it... not the Developers...   Though, it does give an advantage to those who use it :(

The one thing about the Open World that does concern me is that there is no subscription to this game... You buy it, you own it.  The more real-time complexity we want out of the open world, will require the investment in servers to keep us all visible.  I would rather the open world not force the developers into that situation.  the fact we might be 1/2 a mile away from where someone else see's us is not something I am that concerned with. 

I know its still Alpha....  I know things will get better.

ok this sounds like a bunch of scattered lines... I will stop now.

Safe Sailing (and selling)

The only thing that makes me somewhat in favor of the teleport is when someone is out goofing around and a fleet is forming up at the capital to do missions.   The idea that it could be used to shorten trade trips annoys me.  It is however, 3 hours until you can do it again.  Its not really Spamable.