Game-Labs Forum

Changing factions to play with friends

Its a very sad and disappointing moment when you realize after 100+ hours in-game that in order to play with your friends you will need to completely delete your progress or convince them to delete theirs. It is very abnormal for a massively multiplayer game to discourage people from playing together in such a decisive manner. This needs to be addressed or this game will simply never achieve the social potential of good multiplayer games. 

After all, what is the probability that somebody you meet outside plays on the same faction? Usually one gets excited when hearing other people play the same game. Think of high schools, where people usually get to make friendships when they find other people who play Guild Wars. It's very surprising for me that this is not on any active suggestions board. My suspicion is that since the game is still new, there's hardly any other people who have had the privilege to meet somebody IRL who started playing Naval Action separately.

EDIT: This will be added in the upcoming patch, thank you Didacus, http://forum.game-la...ches-this-week/

Please consider either:

1. Make rank (xp) an "account" thing which is not deleted with characters. 

2. Allow changing faction keeping xp once a month, or however infrequent as to not have broader implications.

I ask the community to comment on whether they believe players should be expected to delete their long progress in order to play with friends. I would also appreciate any suggestions which might make this easier for the devs. 

Edited by Leto