Game-Labs Forum

The fishermen suggestion

In naval times the sea is the life line of almost every country not only to trade goods between harbour to harbour so that other island do not run out of recourses but also to capture the creatures of the sea for food and materials,

as a fishermen you had to explore the open seas for the ever moving sea creatures and had to fight of not only pirates but also had to fight off some of the most dangerous sea creatures out there,

I feel this would be great to implement into the game because not only would  it give us more verity of ways to earn gold, more resources to collect and sell, adds more things to see other than ships to interact with.

this idea was my mate DeadonGaming  idea I don't hold credit and more than likely he's not the only one that has thought about it,

so what do you all think.

Sharks or barracudas ? (don't even thought about giant squids, let's be serious !!!)

Anyway, I also think (loud) that introduction of some limited animal life would greatly enhance the game, such as :

- tropical "ambiance" when at port would add a local color (parrots, music ?, etc....)

- seabirds during the day, not far away from coasts. They could even notify about proximity of a nearby seashore for players navigating in high sea.

- some whales, dolphins would also do it...

- sharks, especially when combat occurs (with a percentage of apparition for example)

- smaller fishes or turtles in shallow water would be nice....

My two cents.