Game-Labs Forum

Kyriel66

First off, I really, really want this game. I think my machine is right on the boundary of minimum sys specs. Anyone else running the game "close to the wind"? Is it fine or does it grind along? I fully appreciate that it's a sim first and foremost, so I'm not expecting dazzling frame rates, but a solid 30 would be great. Not at all sure I want to fork out full-price if I'm unlikely to get near 30 fps when the game is quiet though. 

My specs:

Win 7 64-bit

6 Gb DDR3 dual-channel RAM

AMD 8730m GPU (2 Gb dedicated VRAM)

Intel i7-3517U 

It's the CPU which worries me - it is rated as 4 CPUs, 1.9 GHz each, equating to ~2.4 Ghz (don't ask me, I'm copying from my dxdiag info). The thing is it uses some "intel turbo boost" thing and goes up to 3 GHz.

As a benchmark I run GTAV at a steady 25+ fps - not even vaguely sure if this is helpful to know though ;)

Thanks in advance. I'm not going to forget about this game so if it's a case of waiting until I have a decent rig I'd like to know.

Sorry for the weird display - I copied this post from the Steam forum where I was (unsuccesfully) trying to find out the same thing.
Edited by Ink
background is fixed

I guess with a custom low-med settings you will be able to achieve 30 FPS. I'm running the game on the weaker PC, athlon x4 750k, radeon 7770 and 4gb ram, on low-med custom settings, it is quiet playable still, it is in general around 20-30 FPS and around 10-15 in a tough battle

If this at all helps I'm on a toaster of a laptop and I manage 20-25 fps pretty much all the time, which I think for this game you can get away with. Thats it running on absolute minimum settings as well. 

Specs (FYI my laptop doesn't approach near the minimum the devs stated on Steam):

Intel Core i3 2.4 GHz (dual core with hyper threading) 

AMD Radeon 8570 with 1 GB memory

8GB 1666 MHz DDR3 RAM

Obviously I could not vouch that it will definitely run, but your specs are better than mine so I could say with some confidence you shouldn't have too many problems.

Thanks for the replies guys :)  That's very helpful information, exactly what I was looking for.  If any admin/devs see this and have anything more definitive to say on the topic I'd love to hear that too but I'll probably go ahead and buy this.