Game-Labs Forum

Spyglass And "roughly Around Here" Map Mark On Ow

Basicially why we cannot use spyglass on OW we need that most then battles :) . And at the history when captains or navigators calculate the route and they most likely say "we are roughly around here". Most of player not real world captains so besides not fully "you are here" mark on map better add "we are roughy around here" circle. We need them both :) .

The map issue has been beaten to death, but I agree it would be nice to see the spyglass enter Open World.  I'd prefer needing to use it to identify ships (ie. a ship is only identified within a certain range, etc.).  I'm sure they've already answered whether or not this is possible.

Using the spyglass to identify ships and town would be nice. An approximate marker on the map I'm not so sure we are intelligent enough to know approximately where we are ; maybe a "center to home port" would be helpful fort new players that have no idea where they came from.

Spyglass I agreed.

For the map marker I have a workarround:

Press F11 and look the coordiantes and compare with community maps coordinates grid.

Or quick rule:

X is horizontal and Z is vertical.

The center point 0,0 is just South/West of Jamaica (Savanna la Mar). The limits are -800k in West (mexico Coast), +800k to East (Barbuda), +800k North (US coast and Bermuda) and -640k South (Colombia and Maracaibo Lake).

• Like 1