Game-Labs Forum

Players, and their need to show off.

Captain Black

Hey,

I've just been dragged into combat outside of Kingston after a long run from Plymouth, now I don't mind being tagged and would have enjoyed the battle if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to go to bed after being up for 21 hours straight. But what I don't like is being thrown attitude straight off the bat for asking for a certain Player, to not drag people in unnecessarily around the port. 

Here is the full convo - the players name, because plastering his name on the internet would be shitty of me.

Me: "Thank you, next time wait for people to move away from the area."

Him: "It's part of the game, get used to it."

Me: "How about you not being a wimp and handle your own battles." (yes, spelling mistake, and yes a little sharp on the reply) But I was tired.

Him: "I don't need you lmao." (This I could of handled, I took it as a joke.)

But then...He decided to be an rude little prick across the internet because he's hiding behind a screen and thinks he's big and hard. (otherwise known as a keyboard warrior.) and comes out of no where with this.

Him: GTFO ******, go be an asshole somewhere else." (At this point I got annoyed, yes I was fast on my reply earlier, but he took it as a chance to try and act hard.) I however remained as calm as possible. 

Me: I'm not an asshole, I just don't have time for people who do that next to a port, if your going to fight don't drag people trying to pass through into it." (Nothing aggressive there.)

Him: "All of text, save and GTFO." (now he's deciding who gets to stay, hmm.)

Me: "Your the one being aggressive, I just asked you know to drag people in." (I know, spelling mistake.)

Him: "U still here>" ( I don't mind idiots, but acting like he's in charge really annoys me, but I remain polite.)

Me: "Now who's the asshole?" (Obvious question, would you agree?)

Him: "You are...U are the aahole lol......like totally." (He knows, spelling mistake.)

Me: "How am I the asshole. I simply asked you not to drag people in and wait for them to pass."

Me: "How is that being an asshole."

Him: "Save it dude, to late to walk back the cat." (Strange, I didn't see a cat.")

At this point he was acting up, and I knew it, so I decided to stay calm, but bite slightly back.

Me: "Mate, your the loud mouth showing off over the internet."

Him: You are still pissing and moaning, who are you trying to impress....surely no one here." (Me...Impress? says the guy mouthing off behind the safety of a computer and probably his mommy.)

Him: Just apologize, and we can forget like men." (Mother f*****, please. Me apologize for you being an absolute moron.)

After this, a few people commented but I don't care about people who follow an idiot because they think it's cool, moving on and still remaining as polite as humanly possible!

Me: I'm not, (referring to apology request) I simply asked you not to drag people out of the blue, your the one with the attitude." (Polite right?)

Him: OMG, dude, get off it already, we're trying to have fun here."

Some Idiot thinking he's big as well: "Whiny little bitch!" (To this person, I say STFU, you little band wagon monkey, idiots galore I swear to god.)

Me: Wow, having fun yet blowing up for me asking you not to drag people in? Ye great fun that is." 

I think during that conversation I remained as polite as possible. But when I get this attitude in game from a kid sitting behind his computer screen protected by the internet I get annoyed. Yes, I responded sharply, but I didn't loose my temper like I could have because that is pointless, I sent a friend this conversation and he told me to shame him on the forums, so I am, but I wont mention names because I'm not like that. 

I don't want people giving anyone trouble in a game designed to bring people enjoyment, but at the end of the day that enjoyment is ruined when people like this make a small thing into a chance to get a moment of I'm cool. Your not. Your a guy or kid behind a screen who types things on a keyboard with less intelligence than a spoon. 

I know the devs will look down on this topic, probably ban it and caution me, but I don't care. Or the player/ band wagon monkey might decide to post a retort, or say it's all false. But I have screen shots of the conversation and I'm willing and able to post them, without censoring your damn name.

Edited by Captain Black

I think you would have been fine if you had just left the battle instead of calling him a wimp......to me thats what started the argument. But courtesy goes both ways and he didnt have to push the issue either.  Getting pulled into combat happens sometimes. All you have to do is sail away.

I was at the time, and that's why he decided to give me all the lip I think. And I will admit I wasn't at my best having been up previous for 20+ hours, though I am quite happy that I didn't blow up at him and remained quite calm after that remark I admit.