Game-Labs Forum

Dell XPS 8100... seaworthy?

DrWatson

This game is going to get me dusting off the Dell desktop that I haven't turned on in about two years. Hope the graphics card is ok.

The desktop is a Dell XPS 8100 with--

1.Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB G DDR3. 

2.Processor: Intel Core i5 -750 processor(8MB Cache, 2.6 6GHz)

I'm trying to ascertain the FPS on this card...

A few years old, but you think it seaworthy?

• Like 1

You would need a better graphics card a the gts 240 does not support directx11, i would suggest getting something like a gtx 750ti and upgrade that dell, you would be able to play the game then on mostly lowest settings but you would get playable FPS

1. you should either buy something else(alienware is overpriced) or build your own, you will get a lot better system for less money that way

2. dont get the gtx 960 as suggested by tank game, a r9 380 would be better.

edit: holy shit those are expensive, if you dont include my custom loop... all my parts(including a r9 nano which is significantly faster than a gtx 960 in those alienwares) cost about 1100$

edit2: honestly, you should follow my advice, unless there are other games that need the performance, get your self a cheap nvidia gtx 750ti, heck if needed i could help you install it over skype or something

Edited by OlavDeng2

1. you should either buy something else(alienware is overpriced) or build your own, you will get a lot better system for less money that way

2. dont get the gtx 960 as suggested by tank game, a r9 380 would be better.

edit: holy shit those are expensive, if you dont include my custom loop... all my parts(including a r9 nano which is significantly faster than a gtx 960 in those alienwares) cost about 1100$

edit2: honestly, you should follow my advice, unless there are other games that need the performance, get your self a cheap nvidia gtx 750ti, heck if needed i could help you install it over skype or something

Olav  I am not  doing bench marks on different graphics cards, this is a price comparison of one computer to another for the same money. As you said above dell alianwares is expensive. But if he can build one himself then i do not think he would be asking questions ,so buying one is the only alternative. So look on ebay even i cannot build one for this price new

• 2 weeks later...

DrWatson, tell me your budget and I'll build a good PC for you.
You could tell me where you're from so that we can find a good computer parts dealer near you. You can send me a private message if you want to.

Then you'll just have to go to that computer parts dealer (with the list of parts I'll make for you) and for additional fee they will assemble that PC for you.