Game-Labs Forum

Ship Moderation, Experience % Modules.

Lets talk about ship moderation for the mutual benefit of the Devs and dedicated NA Playerbase.

Firstly, who remembers the AI fleets?  It was a great idea and i'm sure that the concept will be implemented some time again in the future, perhaps in a slightly subtler fashion, but sadly one of the main reasons they didn't take off is because of the sheer amount of 1st rates permitted to be in the same battle.  

I'm sure the Devs will have already had this in their minds, I know from global chat, their players certainly have;

How exactly will we as a collective STOP every player roaming around in a large ship of the line, or 1st rate and instead, use a variety of ships to aid their purpose.

One of the biggest countermeasures is the game itself. You simply cannot have 10 players in a group in 84+ gun ships and expect to capture an abundance of enemy player's ships left, right and centre.  Nor can you expect to reinforce your allies or Islands with the speed of a handicapped snail.  

However, there is absolutely nothing stopping players bringing 20 santi's to:

- The arranged trafalgars

- The PvP events arranged by the game itself

- Arranged Guild v Guild skirmishes

- Port Battles

- Trade Convoys

What I propose is an Ship-based experience system to run alongside the current experience system already in place which will give bonuses the more you play in that class/rate of ship.  I propose that this, alongside with the Officers [ http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6935-officers-traits-in-depth/?mode=show ] will replace unecessary modules such as reload speed, steel toolbox etc [but not built ins such as planking, rigging, live oak, speed etc], 

[i'm not 100% sure of the crew number for each rank. I've been out of game for a short period of time].

Ensign - 40 crew 

Midshipman - 50 Crew

J.Leutnant - 110 Crew

Leutnant - 150 Crew

Master & Commander - 210 Crew

Post Captain - 300 Crew

Flag Captain - 400 Crew & 1 ship [Max BR of x]

Commodore - 600 Crew & 2 ships [Max BR of y]

Rear Admiral - 900 Crew & 3 ships [Max BR of z]

That is the system we have in place [minus the AI fleet concept allowing for a small addition of vessels, mainly for trade convoy purposes]

This is the system I suggest we implement alongside it.

For each ship class [unrated, 6th rate, 5th rate, 4th rate, 3rd rate, 2nd rate, 1st rate] introduce an experience system which points players towards using one vessel for a long period of time in order to master that ship and earn rewards / bonuses.  By doing this, you discourage the use of their favorite frigate by day, and hopping into their ported 1st rate for a port battle as that 1st rate will have no bonuses whatsoever.  

For example if I discovered my guild's port was about to be attacked, I would pick my consitution. Why? 

Unrated Ships [Level 3/10] 

6th Rate [Level 2/10] 

5th Rate [Level 7/10] 

4th Rate [Level 3/10]  

3rd Rate [Level 2/10] 

2nd Rate [Level 2/10] 

1st Rate [Level 1/10] 

Because I have Level 7/10 exp in 5th rates meaning I have a number of passive bonuses to work with, from increased crew space, faster reload etc etc.

Your valued opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Richard Bolitho

•