Game-Labs Forum

Night battle oddities

Hey

Just bought the game today and absolutely loving it - already won the campaign as Union and got a deadlock as the Rebs (despite a 35000+ gap in VP's...) but just noticed some real 'is this a glitch' moments towards the end of the last battle (at night).

Once my artillery ran out of blue targets my two grouped batteries started exchanging long range fire and I couldnt get them to stop. I switched them all to canister so that theyd be out of range of each other but one battery started blasting a passing infantry brigade (friendly I might add...). It was rather frustrating to say the least when all i had to do was chase the last few Unionists for a while til time ran out.

Oh and three brigades spent the last 10 minutes running north to the edge of the map. No way of stopping them.... They were all on 11% or so morale but 0% condition. Is that right that they just want to keep withdrawing? I just couldnt get them to stop so they could rest!

Overall I'm absolutely loving the game and these are the first oddities I've come to :)

Thanks for your kind comments!

Once my artillery ran out of blue targets my two grouped batteries started exchanging long range fire and I couldnt get them to stop. I switched them all to canister so that theyd be out of range of each other but one battery started blasting a passing infantry brigade (friendly I might add...).

To keep things simple, all units are set to auto fire when a hostile units comes in range. If your arty unit fired on friendlies then this is a bug, however, has never reported such an issue.   

Oh and three brigades spent the last 10 minutes running north to the edge of the map. No way of stopping them.... They were all on 11% or so morale but 0% condition. Is that right that they just want to keep withdrawing? I just couldnt get them to stop so they could rest!

Retreating units are out of player's control until they recover. If  a unit has lost over 65% of its manpower, then it would withdraw completely from the battle and permanently (it won't be available for the next battles of that campaign).

Well i can say that after dozens more hours into the game i haven't had the same thing happen again so maybe just a one off quirk. I can happily use my imagination, call it a 'command and control error' that lead to my artillery still targetting the enemy positions deafter the infantry had taken the position and continue enjoying the battle