Game-Labs Forum

Lost my campaign?

Jaf

I've spent ages playing my first full campaign on legendary, tweaking ships etc, got from 1890 to 1952

An update has come out and it's all gone?

How do I get my campaign back? 

[edit] NVM found out how to roll back with Steam, it's kind of worked but some ships are bugged now, very annoying

[double edit] Lost a significant proportion of ships, going to play something else now, all that effort was for nothing, very very annoying

Edited by Jaf

patch notes says so aswell. Make it a routine reading them first before updating. It's quite usual, not only here, that when major changes are done, savegames are removed. Since you can't use them anyway.. Set the game to only update when launched and use a shortcut to the .exe to run the game until you are ready to update

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1.6: Aug '24

1.5: March '24

1.4: Oct '23

1.3: May '23

So we're looking at one major update every five months or so. Not to say that there is any guarantee that other updates won't break ships or saves, the tweaks billed as minor version changes and patches (especially it the weeks immediately after a major release) can significantly alter ship properties. I probably wouldn't expect anything major until December at the earliest (although with multiplayer YMMV on that).

So I tried copying the .exe to my desktop and it didn't work, game was bugged some of the interface buttons disappeared, a couple of nations went bankrupt right after I did it. Is there any other way of playing without being forced into updating?