Game-Labs Forum

First Look

With the release of Ultimate General American Revolution, thought I would put out a video with my first look at the features so that folks can get an idea if it is their cup of tea or not.

I'm really looking forward to see how this game develops, and therefore why in the video above, I just went through the highlights of what this game has to offer. But I must say, in one way, I am a little disappointed. Here are the comments I posted in the discussion area of the game on steam:

It's nice watching the features you have developed going back to Ultimate General Gettysburg coming together to form a Strategic sand box game. The new battle feature is a very interesting way of incorporating an operational level between the tactical and strategic layers which is unlike any other war game I have ever played.

By far, of the series, Ultimate General Civil War was the game I enjoyed the most, with over 3,000 playing hours. The reason that game was so gripping and addictive was the army management. The army management system in that game really gave you the feeling that it was "your army" that you commanded in battle.

Unfortunately, with Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail and now with Ultimate General American Revolution, that army management system has been abandoned. Your troops are now just pawns on the battlefield, like pretty much every other strategy game available. I think this is a huge mistake. Somehow you need to get that feature back into your games, especially this one. There is room for creating a Northern and Southern army for the American Revolution. There is room for being able to create customizable units using the Army Management interface.

I cannot emphasize enough how the lack of a customizable army management system, which so many of your fans loved about UGCW, will hurt the overall trajectory of this game. Please don't forgot your roots.

L A V A (aka Ray Riverss)