Game-Labs Forum

Missing element in the ship contructor despite all research being done

I have completed all the research regarding funnels, control station while playing as Germany. Yet some parts do not show up in the ship constructor when choosing to design a Superbattleship II (yet they do in the main menu ship designer). 

For example, In the main menu ship designer I have options ranging from Uber funnel V-VIII and secondary tower options ranging from modern sec tower IV to Advanced tower with funnel mount IV on a ship with 1945 tech (see screenshot).

Funnelsinshipyard.thumb.jpg.f844ed8ee0ca9a2857cd58836383c21a.jpg

Towersinshipyard.thumb.jpg.3e4a0cb2fded09fa1ab59d1462538114.jpg

However, in game even though I have "very advanced" tech levels and have completed all research (boiler upgrades, control towers etc.) I have much more limited options. Here is what I get when I open the "New design" window via the ship desing tab.

Only funnel options V-VI and  the advanced tower with the funnel option is missing. 

funnelsingame.thumb.jpg.55a648813e2a135edfd965bdbec8f866.jpg

20240403130140_1.thumb.jpg.49aaf69934fbf19485b4de0b9eeeef85.jpg

I suspect they are not coded into the campaign files or there is some bug that prevents them from showing up. 

After further gaming, it seems that the issue is related to the 1890 campaign only - when I started a new campaign in 1940 it showed the correct research (Capital ship towers VI I think) but in the 1890 campaign tech tree that tech seems to be missing.