Game-Labs Forum

Modding- Unlocking Hulls (Also, a question about tech)

Hello!

First I would like to say thank you to BrotherMunro, Stealth and others who have been a big help to this community, especially on Youtube. Thanks!

I have a question regarding modding the resources.assets file to unlock hulls for other nations. I extracted the 'parts-resources.assets' section to text and added nations to each of the hulls I wanted to make available.

For example- bb_7_bismarck,,hull,Super Battleship II,,-1,-1,1.63,1250,bismarck_hull_a,1.4,,,germany,"type(bb) 

Would now  be- bb_7_bismarck,,hull,Super Battleship II,,-1,-1,1.63,1250,bismarck_hull_a,1.4,,,"germany, britain","type(bb)

However, this didn't work. I can think of several possible reasons why, but I don't really know where to start. Do I need to chage the names in the 'English.lng' file? Is it a technology issue? Is it an issue with tonnages? Did I just bungle it and forget to leave a space or comma? I'm pretty sure I didn't get hit with an update, but who knows? What exactly would I need to do to make a hull accessible (particularly later hulls) for another nation in the campaign?

Additionally, I've noticed in a couple campaigns that some late techs are not available and I get stuck on future tech. For example one time as Germany, I got stuck on Shaft III and no Gas Turbines. I heard that this may be due to randomization. Is there any way to disable this and ensure that this doesn't happen? 

Thank you for any help. I am going to post a copy of this on Steam as it seems that this forum doesn't always get replies, but I would trust the quality of response here more than I would there. Appreciate it and happy sailing to you all!

On 3/15/2024 at 8:46 PM, WonGyunSailsAgain said:

Additionally, I've noticed in a couple campaigns that some late techs are not available and I get stuck on future tech. For example one time as Germany, I got stuck on Shaft III and no Gas Turbines. I heard that this may be due to randomization. Is there any way to disable this and ensure that this doesn't happen? 

You can try setting the year randomness in the technologies TextAsset to 0 for all techs. Apart from that I haven't found references in the code to what might be causing techs to not appear, though I've seen the same thing in practice.