Game-Labs Forum

How to lower pitch & roll values

fjelskaug

Hi all, I really enjoy Dreadnought Improvement Project by brothermunro but I want to have a more vanilla experience so I want to edit the game myself. I would like to know how to lower pitch and roll values like his mod to have more stable ship designs. Where in resources.assets is this?

Hello fjelskaug,

I had the exact same thought and after my searches and file compares reached the following during my editing:

in params
Under,
#,,Constructor Stability,,,,,,,

Values you want are:

stability_zz_convert,50,divisor of momentum instability (forward),240,43.2,,,,,
stability_xx_convert,50,divisor of momentum instability (side),325,58.5,,,,,

Originals were about 28, I took the NAR values.

Admiral is the original source of this discovery, so thank him...

On 2/9/2024 at 2:24 AM, fjelskaug said:

Hi all, I really enjoy Dreadnought Improvement Project by brothermunro but I want to have a more vanilla experience so I want to edit the game myself. I would like to know how to lower pitch and roll values like his mod to have more stable ship designs. Where in resources.assets is this?

You are of course welcome to take the DIP modified file and change it to your liking! For instance if you want the vanilla guns just don’t use the modified guns or penetration file :)

On 2/15/2024 at 3:53 AM, fjelskaug said:

Thank Admiral for the original mod and thank you for the help!

I have been monkeying around with the files a lot, ask away if anything further comes, I just cannot guarantee an answer.

One change I made the game so much more fun for me are.

1. Removed the tonage techs from cruisers and destroyers, so If you have a Cruiser X, you can build the max tonnage value without further research, AI comes up with wicked designs after that...

2. In params,
Under : #,,Shipyard,,,,,,,
shipyard_dev_min_amount_tons,750,shipyard tons at min. built time,,,,,,,
shipyard_dev_max_amount_tons,6000,shipyard tons at max. built time,,,,,,,

The original values were 500 and 4000, you are an empire with a serious chunk of nations GDP, shipyard capacity should not be a major issue.
AI also is able to build massive and big fleets and stops coming at your TF with a single TB, mostly...