Game-Labs Forum

The cost of replenishing brigade casualties

bud_viking

Question

I have a question regarding how it works when you replenish losses after a battle. I am currently in 1863 and have just finished one minor battle after Gettysburg. Earlier in my campaign I found I could replenish my brigades quite cheaply if I had the rifles already in the armory. I took this to mean that it cost little cash as it was just the men I was replacing. But after Gettysburg I was getting charged like $40 - 50K to bring a unit from 700 men up to 1300, even though I had thousands of the required rifles in the armoury. For the first time in the campaign I am running out of money and unable to bring my units back up to full strength.

I am not sure what has changed at this point. Like I said, previously I only spent manpower if I already had the weapons. Now I am getting charged top dollar even when I have the weapons in hand. What gives?

Below is an example. I am replacing less than 300 men. I have over 1200 rifles in the armoury. Why is charging over $20K?

20240205040910_1.jpg

1 answer to this question

You have the veteran box checked, that means that you get charged to convert the stats of the recruits added to the stats of the unit. For units with high stats that can get very expensive. Especially if you haven't invested in training.