Game-Labs Forum

AI is Cheating?

Joosterijk

Im having issues playing the campaign in 1890. Ive had this problem multiple times as multiple nations and it is very annoying to deal with. I cant get any battles generated by my fleets, I am currently playing as the US, and am at war with spain. I have 4 Fleets in the caribbean sea. Each one of those fleets is made up of 4 20 knt BBs. Fast enough to catch everrything but TBs. Even tho spain has about 6 fleets in the Caribbean, i cant engage them, i never get mission generation with those fleets i have stationed in the Caribbean. Yet when i move 1 Brand new 28 kts CL into the northern atlantic, The spanish fleet manages to instantly intercept it and get their entire deathstack fleet into a mission.... EVEN THO THEIR FLEET WAS IN THE CARIBBEAN.... How come the game doesnt seem to generate missions for my fleet, yet the AI doesnt seem to have a problem? I have tried every "fleet stance" in the game but ive never noticed any differences.

Edited by Joosterijk

The chance to generate a mission depends greatly on the operational range of your ships. In 1890 that’s going to be pretty terrible by default and probably why you aren’t getting many missions. I’ve found the most reliable way to generate missions is to have ships in port on sea control that have excellent operational range, task forces are much less reliable at this and are best used for invading and blockading (though launching a naval invasion does seem to generate missions as the AI tries to disrupt your landing).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ohhhhhhh I got this beat...

can totally empathise btw...

so my campaign's in Europe, very early stages, and all I'm trying to do is transit a pair of capitol ships from where they've completed repairs to where I stage my fleet (from Hull to Rosyth). They never get there without getting pounced on by the AI. While the main map shows them in transit between ports, suddenly those very same ships (1xBB and 1x BC/CA) magically appear in the Baltic, offering to engage a small force there. I know it's those exact same ships because I only have 1xBB in theatre (other's in the Med)...

Whoever coded that part of the AI was definitely on some rather dubious substances.