Game-Labs Forum

Very high GPU usage

brothermunro

Hello!

This might be a display driver issue and not fixable on your end but I have noticed that on 1.3.9.9R2 today that the GPU utilisation is nearly 100% all the time even with the 60fps limit enabled on the ultra preset graphics settings. I even manually reset the graphics by deleting the settings file, same problem. (I’m using the AMD 23.9.1 driver on a 7900XTX, normally I see the GPU utilisation at 30-50% in UAD. I’ve also reported it to AMD).

Edited by brothermunro

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 8:47 PM, brothermunro said:

Hello!

This might be a display driver issue and not fixable on your end but I have noticed that on 1.3.9.9R2 today that the GPU utilisation is nearly 100% all the time even with the 60fps limit enabled on the ultra preset graphics settings. I even manually reset the graphics by deleting the settings file, same problem. (I’m using the AMD 23.9.1 driver on a 7900XTX, normally I see the GPU utilisation at 30-50% in UAD. I’ve also reported it to AMD).

Hi

I wonder if this type of problem is a Unity problem and nothing to do with Games Labs coding?  I'm having problems with Grand Tactician: Civil War which are very similar to the problems we've had on UA:D. In particular It is often severly lagging with all system recources nearly idling except 5% of the cpu is maxed out (one logical processor, 1/2 of a core with 19.5 LP idling). Same with other Unity based games I have although the older games are less ambitious with their graphics than either GT:CW or UA:D and the problem is less pronounced.