Game-Labs Forum

Keeping Old Hulls/Campaign Hull Unlock?

Fairyfloss

Hello!

So I've been having plenty of fun with the campaign recently, though I've come to wish that the same 'unlock' option available in the custom battle option - where you get the hulls from other nations too instead of just your nation - was available in the campaign as well as an option. And by extension, the option to keep using outdated hulls both in the custom battle as well as in the campaign would be quite fun to play with.

Is there any chance that anything like this will be added? If not, is there a mod that would allow for something like this?

I can only agree, i find it particular anoying that you can't build obsolete hulls anymore. The part with other nations has pros and cons. On the one hand it makes the nations unique, on the other hand it is kind of unrealistic. Assuming that i don't 1:1 recreate history in the context of who fights who and come up with my own designs why would i develope exactly the same hulls and superstructures. A good way would be to have all nations having access to all kind of parts and giving us the option to select color shemes to individualise.

On the other hand newer hulls ,in general, have better tonnage, durability, placement points and economic max speed so I doubt how usefull woul'd they be in campaign. In custom battles for fun, yes, definitely to represent refitted, modernised designs.

On 3/26/2023 at 12:52 PM, Zuikaku said:

On the other hand newer hulls ,in general, have better tonnage, durability, placement points and economic max speed so I doubt how usefull woul'd they be in campaign. In custom battles for fun, yes, definitely to represent refitted, modernised designs.

they may be better, but they're not only widely more expansive, but also most of the time unnecessary since the AI is still fielding 19th century against your dreadnoughts