Game-Labs Forum

Harpers 55's

scorehouse

The short version:

cavalry, anything with the longest possible range. Which really means enfields and spencer carbines and nothing else is really worth it. This doesn't include saber weapons where you just want the highest possible melee value.

infantry, you can generally go by whatever costs the most. The spencer and the henry are usually not worth it though.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:09 AM, scorehouse said:

thanks. I was told that about the Henry.  can you split Calvary and skirmisher units? make it easier to capture artillery, supplies and flank. seems it would also be realistic especially with Calvary.

Do you mean allowing skirmishers and cavalry to split off a detachment like infantry can? That's probably not impossible to mod in, but there would be several technical issues to figure out. It is not possible on the base game.

wish I were computer savvy enuff 4 Mods. to split Cav would be so efficient for capturing orphaned Supply Wagons, especially when there r multiple wagons in the same area/cluster. also for melee attack. send 1 unit to take the initial salvo, then pounce with multiple Cav/Skirms whilst they r reloading. if u r able to split them you could come from all angles which I'm sure is what occurred on the battlefield especially against separated/isolated and depleted/exhausted/confused units.