Game-Labs Forum

"Avoid Torpedoes" needs to avoid friendly torpedoes too.

neph

I lose more ships to my own torps than hostile ones! Thank you devs, goes to show how effective this new system is at avoiding enemy torpedoes. Just needs this one last tweak.

Also, any chance we could get "avoid torpedoes" to not always turn away from torpedoes, if turning towards them is possible? With very fast ships (near the speed of incoming torpedoes), they end up running away from the fleet for a very long time trying to "avoid" torps, but actually just steaming parallel away with them. By the time the torpedoes finally pass them or run dead, the ships in my battle line are 20 km away from their leader.

Edited by neph
  • Like 2

Yeah, this is a big nuisance. Typically lose at least 1-2 ships to this in a large engagement between all the micro. "One Hit Wonders" (aka CLs) are particularly vulnerable. There's always that one DD you forget to turn off the torps that decides from 10 km out on "save" to fire either ahead or back into your line. Yeah, thanks for that! Easy fix is to fix the "save" for torps for when the target is no more than say 5 km out.