Game-Labs Forum

era start

kineuhansen

one thing i would like to see in ua dreadnought is the option to choose what time we want to start i would like to play as the german italian or japan russia when they are added in the campaign down the line in 1940 but i dont want to play from stupid 1890 to 1900 1910 1920 1930 just to play in 1940 and worst part we have to win a campaign to get to the next one ohh and another thing i would love to do is start in 1910 and go to 1940 then just like in real life we could ships from 1910 in 1940 just like with hms warspite just to mention one then we could refit an old ship with new tech 

• 2 weeks later...

That restriction is pretty much temporary, for testing purposes. Basically is placed there because otherwhise most people would skip the pre dreadnought era, and it would remain untested. Remember that what is now called "Early access" is nothing else but beta testing.

I'm sure that at later developement stages, once the game is close to the final release, that will be lifted.

9 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

That restriction is pretty much temporary, for testing purposes. Basically is placed there because otherwhise most people would skip the pre dreadnought era, and it would remain untested. Remember that what is now called "Early access" is nothing else but beta testing.

I'm sure that at later developement stages, once the game is close to the final release, that will be lifted.

I dunno in the interest of a long campaign they should have us start at 1880 so we can truely experince everything 

On 2/21/2022 at 5:22 AM, dukeletoatreides said:

Odd enough: I prefer the early period - from 1890 to 1910. :)

As already mentioned above, pretty sure the rules of campaign should change in later versions of the game. Right now we have a merely first "Lite" version of the campaign. Let's see what's coming next...

I agree with you, so much is known and published about the Dreadnaught era, and we have museums about it anyone can go visit, for the earlier years we have a handful of ships and little written about it, making it more fun honestly. 

Sure Jutland is interesting to read, but the Battle of Manillia bay is way more interesting